Friday, January 30, 2009

You Were Right Mom!

Home grown Broccoli is AMAZING! When we were little, we lived here in Arizona. So ever since we've moved back and done a garden, my mom keeps telling us to add Broccoli- that it's easy to grow and super yummy. And she was right! It started out small- the kids loved checking it to see how big it was getting...

Are the heads supposed to be bigger? I wasn't sure... But we finally couldn't wait any longer and let the kids go for it. They LOVED pulling the broccoli out of the dirt, washing it, cutting it and eating it! Colby ate almost 3 heads all by himself!

We will definitely grow it again. It was one of the easiest things we've grown- right up there with lettuce...

and cilantro!

EDITORS NOTE: My mom emailed frantically, "Don't pull up the whole plant! You just clip the broccoli off the top and the stalk with grow more!" Luckily we did that with 3 plants so hopefully they will grow more broccoli!

3 comments:

doovie79 said...

Can you mail me some of that?!?! We will need some gardening tips come April...Love ya! Jenny

Monica said...

You inspire me girl! That is my goal to do a garden! You need to help me!

Jake said...

Every time I look at your blog I just thing how warm is must be.

Hey Ger, I wouldn't mind reading a post from you. Blogging could be a good outlet for your creativity. Or we could start a new blog about manly things.