Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thank Heavens for Canned Chicken :-)

Costco canned chicken really pulled through for me this week- ha ha! It was a busy week and I just didn't have time to cook my own chicken or run to Costco for one ... and the meals still turned out fabulous! I made Central Market Tortilla Soup with 2 cans of chicken and it was still super yummy (I added it when I added the spices so it got plenty seasoned). And I added it to Capellini Caprese (recipe is on my blog) and it was great! I marinated the chicken in the Tuscan Italian Salad Dressing for an hour before cooking up the recipe and it was delicious. So if you need to add a little protein to a meal or don't have time for the real thing, go for the canned chicken!


ALSO! Speaking of Costco and Chicken, the Cattle Drive Chicken Chili from Costco is SOOO YUMMY. I'm not a big chili eater but LOVE this stuff. We had them on Baked Potatoes (a fast and yummy meal idea!) this week.

No comments: