ha ha! I saw this little heating pad project on MarthaStewart.com and was excited to try it because my Grandma just had her knee replaced and it would be the perfect thing to send! It is the easiest project because you just have to sew straight lines. ;-) After a little research I decided to fill mine with Golden Flaxseed, which I bought from Sprouts. I used Heather Bailey's Bijoix fabric line which is adorable. The heart was pretty easy to add, but I need to practice my sewing skills because sewing around the curves on that baby on was a little tricky.
But you just have to heat it in the microwave 1-2 minutes and it is supposed to stay warm for quite a while... you can put it around your neck while you watch a movie, on your tummy if you are having cramps, or on whatever is sore or achey! You can also stick it in a gallon Ziploc and throw it in the freezer and it can be a cold pack too. They just say DON'T get it wet and DON'T burn it in the microwave. It would make a great Valentine gift too! Happy Crafting!
No comments:
Post a Comment