It's sooo hard to find races around here that aren't on a Sunday. I had the same problem in Texas. Well there are two races coming up for GREAT causes that are on Saturdays- hurray! Here's the info! (I'm hoping to do one or the other but I'm getting an MRI for my poor ankle next week so I'll see what the doc says!)

London's Run is Jan. 31st at Schnepfs farm. The running events are 1/2 marathon, 10 K, 2 mile fun/walk and toddler races. It is a large charity fund raiser for children with cancer- named London after the organizer's 7-year-old daughter who died of leukemia. It is a great thing to do as a family though- they have many scheduled events from face painting, bounce zones to pancake breakfast. Hurry and sign up for early registration! Go to www.londonsrun.org.
On February 14th there are some races to fundraise for a pair of sisters in Queens Creek who are conjoined- sharing one heart and one liver. Brooke is friends with them- I believe they are in her ward- so she has given me the info about them. You can check out their website with info at
http://www.twosisters-oneheart.blogspot.com/. They have 3K, 5K & 10K races followed by post run celebration with food, activities & fun, Bouncy Houses, Rock Wall, Crafts & Activities, Vendor Booths, Music & Entertainment, Raffle Drawing for AWESOME Prizes etc. A fun family event and a great cause to support.
1 comment:
Both of these runs are for such great causes! I souhld probably get my running shoes on, and go for it! :)
Post a Comment