Saturday, January 10, 2009

Valentine Day Idea...

How cute would this...only with a heart shape instead of butterfly... be for Valentines day! I am not a big sewer but it's as easy as it gets- if you can cut out fabric, spray on some material adhesive, and sew around the edges you are good to go. It is cute for girlies of all ages and a cheap little Valentine gift for your girlys. It's a great baby shower gift as well- everyone loves something unique and handmade. You can buy a shirt or onsie at Walmart or Target for a few bucks- I just bought some on sale at DownEast for my girls that I am going to use.

Instructions are here: http://portabellopixie.typepad.com/. On the right hand under Free Patterns click on Mariposa.

There are so many fun fabrics out there- I love Heather Bailey's line and Sandi Hendersons line and may use one or two of these... I will post them once I do them to show how they turn out!

More Valentine Ideas will be coming because I have been asked to do a little class on v-day ideas for my ward's Enrichment in a few weeks! If you have some for me, PLEASE feel free to leave them.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I did some of these for my nieces for Christmas. I did a cute vintage bird, butterfly, and flower that I copied from pottery barn. There are so many cute things you can do w/applique! I used clear thread and white thread in my bobbin and it worked out great.
One Valentine's I got a bag of Reisen candy and put a "reisen" I loved Steve in each one. I hid them where he'd find them throughout the day. Just an idea!
Be sure to post the ideas you give your Enrichment ladies!!

michelle said...

Love this idea! Heather Bailey is one of my favorites! What kind of ideas are you looking for, for Valentine's? :)

Angie said...

Kim-
Super cute idea. I'll have to give it a little try... when I get some spare time and after I finish up the other 50 projets I'm working on! I have a recipe to melt cream savers into a mold and make valenties suckers. Let me know if you are interested. It's super easy, so I hear. (I got the recipe from a friend.)

Sommer Family said...

Hey Kim! You probably have so many ideas that you don't need any others, but here is a Valentine activity I did one year with the primary. We made Valentine houses (like gingerbread houses) and had the candies stand for something that could bring love at home. Like the cinnamon lips were kind words, hearts were giving hugs, conversation hearts were positive thoughts and so on.