1. A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
2. An intense emotional attachment, as for a treasured object.
3. A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment.
4. An expression of one's affection: Send him my love.
I want to do EVERYTHING in life this year because I want do it out of total LOVE- not because I have to. This came from a quote Richard G. Scott gave in this month's Ensign, "Try reading the Book of Mormon because you want to, not because you have to." What a great reminder is that?!?
Love for things comes and goes it seems- sometimes it's easier to LOVE things better than others, but I really want to EVERY DAY, have more appreciation and love for all the beauty's of life... love for my ornery kids instead of frustration, love for cleaning toilets because I have a healthy and strong body that is capable of doing hard things, love for all aspects of motherhood- even the not so fun parts of it...
As Gordon B. Hinckley said, "Life is like an old time journey...delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas, and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." I want to LOVE the ride I'm on every single day, whether it be a great day or a not so great day. So maybe gratitude goes with love... Charity as well? Anyways, I will let you know how I do! ;-)
Photography by: www.janellejoyphotography.com
5 comments:
Love is a GREAT word for 2009! It looks like you had tons of fun this holiday season! Happy 2009! :)
Kim, that is a great idea--to do things out of love! I LOVE it :) The pictures of your family are gorgeous!!!
I LOVE your pictures! We need to find a good photographer. I really like that you and Ger got a picture, just the 2 of you. -B
Love is a perfect word for 2009! I've been meaning to post mine all week! It looks like you had a wonderful time Christmas and fun time at the cabing---we almost went Kelly Breinholt invited us but we couldn't miss wrestling! It would have been fun to get together! I love your blog! It is so fun to see your adorable family and all the fun you guys have together! I wish I had kids your age, all you young families look like you all have such a great time together! I am so glad that you are in our ward---what an asset your family is!
Great idea. One word for the year. I am so copying... I love your pictures! I love your heart and desires and I just love you. There is a lot of love on this blog. Your friendship strengthens and uplifts me. What a blessing you are. Happy 2009.
Ang
Post a Comment