Sunday, January 25, 2009

My "hot" date this weekend!

I neglected to find a babysitter in time for our date night Saturday... We had worked around the house ALL day and were ancy to get out... So we took the whole fam along!
We told them to dress their best and made them PROMISE to behave. They were so excited to get to come out to the Macaroni Grill with us. They love that place and we just don't take them that often...We had a great time and the kiddos behaved as promised!
Such a cute pic of Colby and Ger, but I had to show everyone the sad news! Colby was running away from Ger (who was Dr. Octopus) last week and he fell and hit his mouth on the travertine. It was bleeding like crazy and he got a big bump on his lip, but we thought it was fine... until his front left tooth kept getting darker and darker! AGHH!!! We took him into the Dentist and it looks like the tooth has no damage to the nerve or his adult tooth, but he will have this purply ugly brown tooth until it falls out. BAH! How sad! His perfectly cute smile is a little marred by it and it makes me so sad. But boys will be boys and I'm just glad it doesn't bother him. The funny thing is, his cousin JJ was riding his bike a few weeks before and fell and hit his tooth and his RIGHT front tooth is brown now too! I will have to get a pic of them together with their poor brown front teeth!
Hope you've all had a great weekend!

4 comments:

Monica said...

My family came home after sitting by you at church and couldn't stop talking about how cute your family is! I am so sorry about Colby's tooth---Wade had that same thing at 1 years old and now has a fake front tooth! Boys will be Boys!!!
Do you have the book Octopus hugs!!! My kids used to love that book---Wade used to be an octopus all the time with the kids! I love your stage---so fun!

doovie79 said...

Poor Colby! Glad it wasn't worse! Your date looks fun!
Love Jenny

Brooke said...

I have been so busy I haven't even looked at any blogs lately. I was just catching up on yours, and was so happy that you put the post about London's Run, and Two Sister's One Heart. Both were started by people we know. The second is our very good friends, and I will be helping them on the day. I am not sure if I will be running, but we will need to get together while there. We live right around there, so maybe you guys could come by our house that afternoon. We will have to see.

michelle said...

Cute Colby. I am so glad it wasn't worse. Kim, it has been such a blessing getting to know you, and your family. Yesterday when we saw you at Susies, Sarah said...Mom, that is such a special family. She is right, that you are! :)