Tuesday, May 17, 2011

FaMiLy TiME @ tHe LaKE!

Well... it was the busiest day at the Lake we have ever seen. In fact when we got there the Ranger Station wouldn't even let us launch the boat- they said the lake was full and it would be 2 hours before they let anyone else on! WHAT?!?
So Ger dropped us off at the beach with our lunches... Woah. Talk about ghetto fabulous. It was just like that scripture says... you have to have hard times to appreciate the good times! ha! The beach smelt like mold and yuckiness... lots of people were smoking which was stinky... and there were LEECHES!!! We didn't even get in the water- just every kind person around us warned us. Seriously. We were just about ready to pack up and go home... But we made the most of it and within an hour got on the lake- phew! SO FUN to have Chris and Abby down for the weekend by the way!
And once we got on the lake it def was busy... and windy... but we were just thrilled to be on the lake after what we had just experienced.
one...
two...
three! Instantly cooled off. So fun.

Colby was up first- torrential winds did not hold him back!
And we had brought lots of bath foam to keep the kiddos entertained. ;-)
Gross, right? ha.
Ok I love that Allie LOVES Abby and Chris... and Abby AND even Chris are just adorable with her. (Yes Chris has come a long way- he even has the baby jabber down- ha!) I love this pic- Allie's chubby little arm wrapped around Abby's. She was geniunely excited to see Chris wakeboard. And was perfectly happy on Abby's lap! Love love love that we have family here in AZ with us... WE LOVE YOU CHRIS AND ABBY! Nothing like hanging out with people that love your kids as much as you do... and are so fun to be with. ;-)
I have a new camera lens- and loved this shot it captured. Yes, this is Chris' game face. No one I know takes wakeboarding more seriously.
Despite the crappy water and waves he still managed to make it look effortless... pulling his tricks and grabs!
As for me... I didn't want to hurt my ankle again so didn't board so hot... but had fun!
And even more fun swimming with the yahoos!
Allie is a water baby just like the rest of them- it was about 78 degrees and she didn't care that it felt a little chilly and was diving in. So fun that we can enjoy the lake as a family!
Ger also made it look effortless and had a great run... Sorry Abby! With Allie in the mix I don't take nearly as many pics as I used to and didn't get any of her boarding?!? Sad. I will have to get the ones they took... but anyways! I have been horrible at posting fam pics lately so have some catching up to do- we have loved the blog book I made and I need to keep getting pics up just for the book!

2 comments:

abby said...

Your new lens rocks! The pictures look amazing Kim... Nice work :) Love that picture of little Allie and I. She just melts my heart.
I'm so glad we all survived the ghetto beach and the day at the lake had a happy ending. haha! That will be a day we never forget.

doovie79 said...

Glad your day turned out fun! Wish we could have joined you!!
Love Jenny