Another summertime favorite! I promise if you make this you WILL love it. :)
(I haven't ever taken a picture but this one below is pretty close!)
Mom's Berry Slush
2 c sugar
3 1/2 c water
1 10 oz package of raspberries
1 c orange juice
1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, not drained
1/4 c fresh lemon juice
Heat sugar and water in pan on stove until sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool to room temp. Stir in raspberries, OJ, pineapple with juice, and lemon juice. Pour into 9x13" pan and cover tightly with seran wrap and then foil. Freeze overnight. Take slush out of freezer 15 minutes before serving. Break up slush with a knife or spatula and scoop into cups. Serve with 7up.
I generally half the amount of sugar. And you can use mixed berries instead of just raspberries if you prefer... AND! I like to make extra when I make it and have cups already scooped in the freezer for my kids. They love coming home from school and getting one right out of the freezer to enjoy, after a few seconds defrosting in the microwave until it is slushy again!
No comments:
Post a Comment