Sunday, May 22, 2011

CoOkIE AdDicTiOn

I think it's genetically inherited... this cookie addiction we seem to have at our house. Even Allie at 13 months can't get enough. :)
YUMMY. This dough is just as good as it looks... I added extra M&M's of course... Lots of oatmeal- so healthy for you. ;-)
I think Colby's record was 4-5 cookies. (Am I a bad mom?!? Ha) I have posted this recipe before but can't resist posting it again...
We had a fun night of delivering cookies to neighbors and friends- the kids all got to choose one family who they thought needed or would appreciate them. It was a perfect night weatherwise- so gorgeous- we really enjoyed getting out walking and chatting with neighbors!
Bake some up today! Your children, husband, and neighbors will thank you.

Cowgirl Cookies

1 1/3 cup all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup & leveled
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cooking oats
3/4 cup m&ms
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 – 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Stir all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

Add

1 slightly beaten egg
1/2 cup butter (melted slightly in the microwave)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Use the back of a large spoon to work it all together. You may even need to use your hands to get everything incorporated.

Then roll the cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, place on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. I got about 26-28 cookies out of these.

Recipe from: http://www.bakerella.com/mix-things-up/

4 comments:

doovie79 said...

Ha, ha! Must be genetic--my kids all have it! Such a cute family activity!
Love Jenny

Becky said...

Hey! I missed some posts! Such fun. Congrats, Colby! The lake looked fun, too-glad you didn't have to hang at the ghetto beach too long. Yuck! I'm so mad I just saw these cookies, though. I literally just got back from the grocery store and now I want to go back and get some m&m's so I can make these!! Maybe I can talk Jake into picking some up for his prego wife . . .

Sommer Family said...

I can't believe how much Allie has changed? I sure wish we could see her in person, and eat some of the cookies too! Love all the posts. Colby is adorable!

Maren and Dustin said...

Thanks for re-posting the cookie recipe. We gave it a try this weekend and loved them. I always steal the best cookie recipes from you! :) And I can't believe your baby is so big!