I've seen the cupcake or cookie stencils you can buy in the store but never gotten them... I had a little wooden heart that I placed on top of my oreos and then sprinkled them with a shaker of powdered sugar and LOVED the results. A stencil can be easily made or just find the object you want to have imprinted!
I am LOVING my I-phone so these pics aren't great, but are the only ones I got before the cookies were gobbled up or taken out to friends and neighbors.

Have the oreo recipe? If not here it is- super easy and the kids LOVE help make them... mixing the ingredients, rolling the balls, helping frost and sticking the cookies together, and even doing the powdered sugar! FUN! ;-)
Homemade Oreos
2 boxes Devi's Food cake mix
1 1/2 cup shortening (love the pre-packaged kind!)
1 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese
1 cube margarine/butter
4 to 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Mix together and then roll into small balls. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 6-7 minutes... but don't overcook! They should look moist and soft. Cool and then frost!
(NOTE: Mini oreos can be made by measuring out batter with a tsp- then roll in balls. Cook time is 4-5 minutes. These oreos were made with a TBS and took 6 minutes. I think the easiest way to frost is in sandwich bag! Load with frosting and cut corner off- less mess, looks better, and super quick!)
4 comments:
What a cute idea! These look so cute!!
Love Jenny
I've always loved that recipe
Super cute idea as always! You're so good at taking the ordinary and adding a little extra without adding tons of work.
So glad you're loving the iPhone!
Kim - I made these with my kids tonight and they LOVED them! Thanks for the great recipe!
Post a Comment