Friday, January 28, 2011

Paper straws? Check!

I posted about Bakerella years ago... and am still loving her ideas! Just got these straws- too cute. I have seen them used for a few projects but really loved how she used them in these Strawberry Milkshake Cupcakes!
I picked up some silicone baking cups in the shape of hearts... and am excited to make these with the following recipes. (Usually I make Bakerella's Sprite Cake Mix with cupcakes but wanted to give this Cupcake recipe a try I found on Heather Bailey's website! YUM!)


Easy Gourmet Cupcakes

1 box cake mix (Strawberry in this case)
1 small box pudding mix
4 eggs
1 C. sour cream
1/2 C. water
1/2 C. oil

Choose a cake mix and a pudding mix with compatible flavors. Mix this stuff all together and bake as instructed -- till toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack, then add frosting. Easy peasy.

Spread the frosting. Spread the word. Spread the love.


Chocolate Ganache
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
6 Tbsp butter

  • In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter until just before the boiling stage.
  • Pour over the chocolate morsels.
  • Let stand about 20 seconds and stir until smooth.

Easy Buttercream Frosting

1 cup (2 sticks) butter (room temperature)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1b. 10X powdered sugar
1-3 teaspoons milk, half and half or cream

  • Using a mixer, cream softened butter and vanilla until smooth.
  • Add sugar gradually, allowing butter and sugar to cream together before adding more.
  • If you want your frosting a little creamier, add a teaspoon of milk at a time and beat on high until you get the right texture.
  • Then, just use icing colorsto tint the frosting the color of your choice.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love the little straws--those are super cute. I'll have to look for that frozen yogurt! I definitely looks like a tasty little reward for something good that I'm sure I've done . . .