Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Weekend Wrap Up!

Whew! Just got back from a fabulous weekend up in Pine Top! The weather was cooler, the leaves were turning colors, and it was just the escape we needed. We went up with the LeSueurs and stayed at their family cabin- they moved into our ward in the summer and we have had a great time getting to know them and hanging out with them. Our kiddos played great together and they really are such a neat family- we had a great time getting to know them even better. Thanks again for the fun times Ashlee and James!

We did everything from arts and crafts to outside adventures! We rode the quads and Ranger, painted treasure boxes and painted LOTS of artwork on paper, made fruit loop necklaces, played on the swingset, took some nature walks, hung out with the Brienholts and saw their AMAZING and FABULOUS cabin that's in the works, made bead bracelets, played all sorts of games, did Yoga (which the kiddos LOVED!), ate lots of yummy food and cookies, drew beautiful pics on the sidewalk with chalk, painted on the sidewalk with water, did bubbles, made Halloween pics with stickers, stayed up late chatting and laughing, etc etc! Oh... And watched all the conference sessions in between! The kids had conference packets and did a good job of working on them off and on.
Oh, and it was so cute because even though there was enough beds for the kiddos to each have their own (and some to spare) they all wanted to sleep together- in the same bed! See pic above!That lasted the first night but since they got up at 5:45 the next morning giggling and playing we had to lay down the law and sleep them in different beds/rooms after that. Sorry girlies. ;-)

The bubbles were one of the kiddos favorite activities- they played with them for at least 45 minutes! They each had a little battery powered bubble blower and it was so fun to see the massive bubbles they blew! Who knew bubbles could be so exciting?!?


The weather was gorgeous and the air so crisp and clear- it was actually chillier than we expected but we loved every minute... Commentary on the pics above- the kiddos loved a tree swing they had! Sydney LOVES baby Sienna- she is one of the cutest babies ever and was is so happy and sweet. Ashlee inspired me to learn to french braid which I never have gotten! After watching her and getting some tips I didn't do too bad. YAY! Thanks Ash!

4 comments:

Jake said...

Sounds like a good time. I like the collage pics. . how do yu do that?
Jake

Heidi Buchi said...

Wow what a beautiful place to spend the weekend. That is so fun that you guys got to hangout and spend the weekend relaxing, don't you love conference weekend! The story about the girls laughing in the night reminded me of my childhood when we had sleepovers with the girl cousins and did the same thing! That will be a fun memory for them!:)

Monica said...

Kim,
Susie gave me your blog address! I love your blog! You have such a beautiful family! I put your address on my blog so I can frequent it often! love all of your recipe ideas! Thanks for sharing them! I want to come live at your house so you can cook for me! I am so impressed! My blog address is www.whitinghappenings.blogspot.com
You have to teach me how to do the collage. I love it! Looks like you had a blast at the cabin! How fun! I miss those days with little kids! ENJOY!!!

Aubrey said...

Kim,
Not sure if you remember me or not. We were roommates at Raintree when you and Gerron were dating.
I found you by way of Brooke's blog and am so happy to have found you. I've thought a lot about you and Gerron and wondered where you were and what you were up to. From the looks of it life has been wonderful! You have 3 beautiful kids and you and Gerron look great as well. We also have a blog so feel free to check it out if you like:
http://daleandaubrey.blogspot.com/

Aubrey