Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Love... true love...

I came across these pics from earlier this year and had to laugh. Those Breinholt girls are nothing but trouble! ;-) Regan's putting her flirt on in the first pic (don't say a 2 year old can't flirt!), Colby falls for it and shares his popsicle with her in the 2nd, then was happy he shared in the 3rd, and puts on his own moves in the 4th. So funny. They are super cute friends!

But speaking of the Breinholt girls being trouble... One day after gymnastics Ger asked Mia how it went. She said, "Great Dad! I'm popular in my class." I sat there shocked and surprised but also wanting to laugh because I had no idea that Mia at age 4 knew what popular meant. Ger said, "I'm glad your class went well. Do you know what popular means?" And Sydney piped up, "I do. It means you have a lot of friends and a lot of money." GASP. Not a bad definition coming from a 5 year old. Ger replied, "Who told you that?" Sydney said, "Paige." Since then, our girls have not gotten together to play. Ha ha! We love Paige! And even though it was a little frightening they were already discussing popularity at such a young age, we thought it was pretty funny too- it was a good opportunity to talk about how it's nice to feel popular but more important to be nice to everyone. They do pretty good at that so far, so hopefully we can keep that up. Having good friends and treating everyone with kindness and respect is oh so important no matter how old you are!

2 comments:

Heidi Buchi said...

Super cute!!! You better watch out for that Colby--one word--HEARTBREAKER! TAG FOR 5 SILLY QUIRKS ABOUT YOURSELF-SEE MY BLOG

Brooke said...

I finally tagged about Spencer and me. You will have to check it out. I am loving keeping up on your blog. You are already way better at it than I am. You are going to have to teach me a thing or two now. I had so much fun talking to you the other day. We will have to get together soon. Love ya!