Saturday, June 4, 2011

SchOOLs Out!

FREEDOM!
This pic is of the girlies heading home on the last day of school- yahoo!
Sydney and Mia had the most AMAZING teachers this year- I felt very blessed. Both girlies loved them- they were caring teachers who made learning exciting and made the girls feel special. They praised them for their good work and sent home notes (Happy Grams) with them telling them if they did an especially good job that day. A fabulous teacher really makes all the difference in the school experience. Franklin has exceptional teachers who really believe in the curriculum and wants the child to succeed- that says a lot... anyways!
Sydney and Mrs. Hofmann...
Mia and Mrs. Jacks...
I tried to go to lunch at school every week if not every other week with the girls and LOVED it. Such a fun time to chat with them and their friends- loved seeing how they interacted with others... and wow. Heard some great stories- very insightful! ha. Great chance for Colby to practice eating lunch at school since he will be doing that next year! woah.
The kids helped put together their teachers gifts- Bath and Body Works Americana soap and mini Anti-bacterial hand gels with a giftcard to Wildflower- yum. They wrote really sweet cards and put everything in the bags- I just tied them with a ribbon and they turned out really cute I thought.
I had to show this- Sydney's notes are the most sincere and sweet! She wrote some of the cutest things so I had to take a picture of them before we gave them away. I think the cards made the whole gift! If you can't afford anything else for a thank you, a heart felt card says it all.
Gave just soaps to some aides...
Ta-da! Stuck the card in the back of the bag so it wouldn't get lost or ripped off... Last time I was at Bath and Body the soaps were on sale for $3! Then you can usually get a $10 off coupon so really it was a great deal.
Allie was busy getting into clean laundry while the kiddos created their teachers gifts. :-) Yes, she did the underwear on her head by herself! Too funny. I would have thought it was Colby had I not seen her do it myself. ;-)

The school has and Arts and Academics Night where you go and see their work from the year and have an awards assembly for poetry/art/writing contest. This is some of Sydney's work. The kiddos really amaze me with what they have learned and how hard they work. Sydney has about 45-60 minutes of homework a night and Mia has 35-40 minutes. I have had to google some things a few times to help them! Sydney won 2nd place in the Writing Competition and 2nd place in the Short Story Competition!!! I am sad I didn't take a picture of her with her ribbons... but Yay Sydney!
Sydney has such cute friends... but yes the drama starts at a young age with girlies so gear up if you've got one! :-) It was a great year of school- great grades, lots of fun, fabulous teachers... but a break is much needed. The summer is packed with swim lessons, Musical Theater Camp, Cooking Classes, Football Clinics, Soccer Camp, gymnastics, piano, homework every day at home, chores, and some fun Vacas! So they are keeping busy and loving playing with friends more and swimming 2 or 3 times a day... crazy fun kids. It's fun to have them home!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Congrats on being done with school! Yay for summer! Love the Allie pic, too. She is such a cutie. Thanks for the good teacher gift idea--we'll be worrying about that in a couple of weeks!!

doovie79 said...

Yahoo for school's end! Such cute girls--I get a kick out of little Allie--she is already so full of personality! Great work, Syd and Mia! Can't wait to see you guys soon!
Love Jenny