The children will play!

Ger and I needed some time together- just a night or two away- it had been a crazy few months with Ger traveling a lot with work and a few trips with the YM- so Chris and Abby came to the rescue. Can I just say I think I have the best brother and sister in law ever!?! They not only said they would do it, but were SOOO excited to do it. Our kids absolutely adore them and were so thrilled that we were leaving- ha! But really, we feel so blessed to have Chris and Abby around. So instead of hanging out at the house all weekend... they lived it up and went to Canyon Lake! They handle our 4 kids with ease- impressive! Seriously.
They met up with Abby's parents and her brother Todd and sweet little Amy, who got along just great with Allie.
They had a picnic lunch...
Rode wave runners!
And played on the beach! They had the best time- absolutely loved waverunning. We have done tons of boating but never wave running so it was so exciting for them.
That night they headed to Carraba's for dinner! They loved it. Allie just loves Abby and Chris. Love her cheeser- so happy. Abby fixed the girlies hair so cute too...
I think the kids were all a little bummed out when we came home- ha! They had so much fun with Chris and Abby. And luckily Chris and Abby had so much fun with them too- phew. :-)
And we were ready to take anything on again! Whew! We had such a fun and relaxing time at the Four Seasons in Scottsdale- I think couples retreats even just for one night are essential! We hiked, went running, we laid by the pool, had some yummy meals, made a frozen yogurt run, chatted about summer plans, counted our many blesses, slept in, had a few spa treatments, strategized about what to do about certain issues with the kiddos, snuggled outside under the stars, and just totally refocused on our beautiful wonderful life. It's nice just to be able to take a deep breath like that and get rejuvenated overnight with just that time away.
So thanks so much again Chris and Abby!

2 comments:
I am envious! How fun for you!! I had a hard time pulling up the pics of the kids (it is probably my retarded computer), but you and Ger look great!
Love Jenny
I couldn't see the pictures of the kids either, and I am envious too! Sounds heavenly. Are Chris and Abby for hire?
Post a Comment