Friday, June 24, 2011

Party Idea...

I never got around to posting a few pics of Allie's party decor so thought I would to give you all some fun ideas! We kept it simple and I really used everything I had around the house for it. The birthday sign didn't get done in time... but it turned out bright and fun!
Colby insisted I do the batter half pink and half white for the cupcakes... Mini ones are just perfect for any party- Michaels has a lot of cute options for the wrappers these days including the polka dot ones I used.
The kids were thrilled to help make these fun marshmellow pops. I dipped the tip of my stick in chocolate and then stuck the marshmellow on, but I'm sure the marshmellows are sticky enough they would stay on without that step. They are stuck in floral foam. (Like I said I literally threw everything together with stuff I already had- it was a bummer I didn't have mini m&m's for one top but I did have mini Reeses Pieces so that worked!)
We made lots of homemade playdough... threw some chalk we had in one jar... and I had 3-4 packages of crayons from the dollar store. Cheap and easy... but bright and fun and oh so entertaining for the kiddos.
Susie bought these adorable Whirly Pops online at Amazon for Easter and gave me some too- love them. Red licorace and Peanut M&M's were a def hit among the kiddos and adults alike. :-) (the bags were for the kids to decorate with their name etc. for the pinata)
Anyways! I could have done over the top labels, cupcake toppers, balloons, etc. but alas there is no time for fancy schmancy so it still turned out cute! I love checking out these two websites for party ideas...
http://www.thetomkatstudio.com/
http://www.hostessblog.com/

1 comment:

Becky said...

So cute. I wish I had your creative touch!