Or curse Debbie for the recipe?!? ;-) It's addicting all right and I have had a good few loaves by myself the last few days!

The recipe is for a glazed banana bread that is FABULOUS too... but the kiddos much prefer chocolate chips and even nuts in theirs lately so I make that adjustment. It's super moist and perfectly delicious. Try it out and hopefully you have more self control than me. ha!
Glazed Banana Bread
1/2 cup butter
2 1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
3 mashed bananas
1 cup buttermilk (1 c milk + 1/2 tsp vinegar)
1/2 cup oil (I use 1/2 cup applesauce instead)
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp soda
Directions:
Soften butter and mix well in Bosch. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. If baking in 3 small loaf pans, bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 -50 minutes. (This is always the hard part - the top seems done but inside still seems uncooked - I usually do the whole time but kind of start checking around 45). If making a large loaf pan, then it says to bake at 325 for 1 hour and 15 minutes - may need to cover with foil half way though.
Glaze:
4 TBS butter
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup orange juice
1 and 1/2 cup sugar
Mix well with wisk. Pour glaze over tops of bread while still hot in pans (poke holes in bread).
2 1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
3 mashed bananas
1 cup buttermilk (1 c milk + 1/2 tsp vinegar)
1/2 cup oil (I use 1/2 cup applesauce instead)
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp soda
Directions:
Soften butter and mix well in Bosch. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. If baking in 3 small loaf pans, bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 -50 minutes. (This is always the hard part - the top seems done but inside still seems uncooked - I usually do the whole time but kind of start checking around 45). If making a large loaf pan, then it says to bake at 325 for 1 hour and 15 minutes - may need to cover with foil half way though.
Glaze:
4 TBS butter
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup orange juice
1 and 1/2 cup sugar
Mix well with wisk. Pour glaze over tops of bread while still hot in pans (poke holes in bread).
Debbie's Notes: This is double the real glaze recipe, but I cut down on the oil by half a cup in the bread and add more glaze to make it moist - tastes better to me!
Kim's Notes: I do not add the almond extract to the bread when doing chocolate chips/nuts in it... And don't do the glaze on it obviously. I add 1 bag chocolate chips and 1 cup nuts... then more nuts on top!
2 comments:
Oh my, that looks so very tasty with the chocolate chips and the nuts on top. Wow.
Yum!
Post a Comment