Thursday, February 10, 2011

Vday Activities...

We did this craft over the weekend...
And LOVED it! Too fun! Super easy too. My only regret is I didn't take more pics. Bummer. The kids were SOO cute- breaking up crayons, cutting up crayons with plastic knives, and peeling the labels off the crayons. They really got into it and it occupied a good deal of time with minimal mess!
Just break up bits of crayon, put them in a greased muffin tin, stick in oven at 275 for about 10 minutes!
Here are the websites I went to for the info- the first one has the adorable valentine you can attach it to, the second website has the detailed directions...
http://thelongthread.com/?p=5646

http://www.makeandtakes.com/recycled-chunky-crayons

Here's the next project we did! SO FUN TOO! (In fact we have done it twice now because the kids think these are not only fun but so tasty... Colby loves them especially!) The kids loved putting the chocolate on these Rice Krispy treats and adding lots of sprinkles. Quite a bit more of a mess than the crayons but I will have a post soon with more details. ;-) Valentines is too much fun!

3 comments:

Becky said...

You're such a great mom! Such cute projects!

Angie said...

You are so fun!! Where did you get your heart pan from? I want to get one...

Kasey said...

Thanks for posting this craft. The kids made heart crayons for their classmates. They turned out really cute.