Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sun Art Projects... ta da!

I blogged about this project a while back... we did it a while back... and am finally posting the pics!
(Check out post for more info: http://fabdoverlife.blogspot.com/2010/07/sun-art-projects.html)
It was SOOO fun. Kids of all ages would think this was really neat. So...
1. Get your Sun Art Paper- at a craft store or from Amazon.com
2. Go on a nature walk for all sorts of fun objects to place on your paper.
3. Remove paper from package and arrange objects on paper! (Put the paper on a firm surface to carry outside on)
4. Place plastic cover or glass over paper to hold objects in place.
5. Carefully take the paper outside and put in the sun for 1-5 minutes...
6. Remove objects and bring inside...
5. Wash paper to stop exposure process.

6. Let dry... then paint!
WOW! So impressive huh!?!
Even Jensen had a great time doing it...
Colby's turned out great as well. It seemed like such a magic trick to them!
And the kiddos were thrilled with the final result. The only thing I would have done different was to figure out how to get it to dry flatter... It was a little wrinkly but a really fun process and project that kept them entertained for a good afternoon! We have a lot of paper left so will be creative next time with different objects instead of stuff from nature... Their favorite small toys or handprints?!? We will see!

oh... and Allie was happily entertained as well... ;-)

4 comments:

Jake said...

Wow I am such a slacker. I haven't checked blogs for a while! Such cute posts. I love the artwork and the first day of school pics. Also loved seeing the baptism pics--beautiful Syd! I'm so sorry we missed her big day. I wish I could kiss Allie's cheeks. So cute. B

doovie79 said...

Amazing! The more kids I have the more I wonder how you do it all...Your kids are sure lucky! Wish I could send my kids over on craft day!
Luv ya--Jenny

M. Boyce said...

Kimmy!!! You are so cute with your kids. Thanks for all the great ideas! Your kids are so cute!! Sydney's baptism announcement was so special. Beautiful family!! Allie is a doll. I need to hold her and munch her cheeks! Good to "see" you.

Chris and Abby said...

ok...that last picture of Allie is so freakin cute.. It makes me want to jump in the car..drive 2 1/2 hours just to give her a sqeeze! Love this kiddos art project..that's such a fun idea! We miss you guys and need to plan something soon.