Thursday, September 23, 2010

Halloween...coming right up!

Bah! It's already officially Fall someone told me... I wouldn't have guessed since we are still in 100-110 degree weather here! I've seen so much Halloween stuff out I need to get going on pulling mine out. Colby can't wait. Maybe today is the day?!? After I fold laundry that's been ongoing since Monday. Oh dear.

But back to fall and Halloween! Saw these adorable bracelets on a blog and just had to share. Looks super easy and fun for my girlies to do... give away... wear... and eat! I'm not doing any baking or making these days but think I can pull these off without too much stress. ha! The link and instructions are below. Leave me links to your favorite Halloween craft or decor item!

http://brownpaper--packages.blogspot.com/2010/09/candy-pumpkin-bracelets.html


Candy Pumpkin Bracelets



ITEMS YOU NEED:
  • candy pumpkins
  • dental floss
  • needle, with large eye
  • ribbon
DIRECTIONS:

1. Cut off a long piece of floss. You will trim it later, but you want plenty to work with. I used white floss, but it doesn't really matter, since it will be completely covered. Thread it through your needle, just enough to get it through, plus a little bit.


2. Poke your needle into the bottom of the first pumpkin, and push it through the top. You will definitely need something to help push it through--your finger alone will not be strong enough. I used the dental floss case as leverage, and it worked perfectly.





3. Repeat this process, until you have enough pumpkins to completely circle wrist, and have a little bit of wiggle room. My girls are 4 years old, and I used 9 pumpkins on each of their bracelets.

4. Once you have the desired amount of pumpkins, tie your two ends of floss together to make a bracelet, then trim the ends.

5. Tie short pieces of ribbon in between the pumpkins. I made one bracelet with all black gingham ribbon, and the other I alternated the black gingham and an orange polka dot.

6. Wear 'em! For as long as they last. :)

1 comment:

doovie79 said...

This is adorable! We definitely need to do it!
Love Jenny