YUMMY! Everyone has the biggest plumpest brightly colored berries right now! I picked these up at Costco and some of the strawberries were as big as Colby's fist! We made jam a few days ago and did a batch with MCP Pectin and a batch with SURE-JELL. I can only find MCP Pectin at one Walmart location and was curious the difference between the two since the MCP is so
hard to find!
The taste test proved the MCP sets up firmer and tastes slightly fresher. BUT the SURE-JELL is quite a bit easier since you don't add fresh lemon juice and karo syrup... My mom has always said that MCP is the best, but if you're in a hurry and want to keep things simple, go for the SURE-JELL! YUMMY! (You can weigh in your opinion too if you want in the comments!) My next pics will be pics of the kiddos enjoying the jam on their toasts, sandwiches, and pancakes the last few days. ;-)

4 comments:
Kim dear thank you for the site the only problem with getting on your blog is that I am starving after looking at all of your redick-ulous food. How the He-- do you stay so cute and skinny eating your yummies?
Kimmy-
You are killing me... I thought you were supposed to be planning showers, and getting ready for our trip next week... and your making homemade jam. You are amazing. In primary, they asked the kids why they loved thier Mam... Tanner said becuase of my homemade strawberry jam! It makes an impression on the kiddos.
XOXO
Loved those reptile pictures below. -J
I cannot believe how much Syd looks like you when you were a kid, Kim. I'm jealous of the warm weather and the fresh berries. Can't wait to be in Arizona . . -B
hey:) you'll have to check my blog out. i made a collage of your cute kids at freestone!! They are so adorable:)
Post a Comment