to get your garden planted! (if you live in AZ that is!)

The kids just love squishing their toes around in the dirt (except for Mia!)... digging with their shovels... raking at the weeds with their mini rakes... picking rocks out of the dirt... planting some seeds and plants... watering... and watering again!

Check out
http://ag.arizona.edu/pubs//garden/az1005.pdf for planting info for Maricopa county. We are just doing tomatoes, green onions, spinach, green peppers, zuchini, and cucumbers I think... With the weather already hitting 86 this week I'm feeling ancy! Today I pulled out weeds and old plants from Fall and flooded the garden to soften the soil... so tomorrow is the big day to plant everything. I've got all my transplants (from Home Depot) and soil and compost. I'm totally a novice so don't ask me too much. ha ha! We've just learned over the last few years and some expensive tomotoes what works and what doesn't for us. Half the reason I do it is for the kiddos- they love it and their toes just look so cute covered in dirt!
2 comments:
Are you kidding me? I may have to come visit this weekend if it doesn't stay warm here...
Kim, you amaze me with everything you do. I'm going to have to plan a week to come follow you around and try to learn your secret! That would be so fun!
Post a Comment