"There is no other organization that can so completly satisfy our need for belonging and happiness like the family. Within the family we experience most of life's greatest joys. The sights, sounds, and associations or family and home are among our most treasured memories and prodivde our fondest anticipations." Marlin K. Jensen
We had a fabulous spring break up in Utah! I will be posting more shortly on the fun things we did and also some yummy new recipes. The weekend before I left, I found out my mom's brother, my uncle, passed away. He was young- 55. He had been in pain with serious health complications for the last 30 years since he had been in a serious accident working for the railroad. This past week and a half have been ones of serious contemplation about what is most important in life... Life is so fragile and we are so blessed to know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who cares about each one of us and wants us to live together with our families forever. The gospel is beautiful and the plan of happiness is perfect. Life is all about families... loving one another, serving one another, building strong relationships that we want to continue beyond the grave! I feel greatly blessed to have an amazing family- I never want to take them for granted! We have such great relationships and are always there for each other- we have love and respect for one another and appreciate each other's talents and abilities. I just love spending time with them... more pics coming soon!
3 comments:
Kimmy-
You have such beautiful faith and perspective. I'm so glad you were able to go to the funeral. I am sorry about your uncle, but so grateful for the plan of salvation. I love you and cherish our friendship.
XOXOX
Ang
P.S.Can't wait for the new recipies.
P.S.S. Love the picture in all your hoodies. Super cute.
I heard you and Jenny did a great job on your musical number at the funeral. Wish I could have been there.
I am missing you... talking to plan the trip all the time, then hanging out for three days and rooming together... I am having Kimmy withdrawls, so I had to check your blog again!! I can't wait for our girls to get together this summer... 2nd Generation Diva's. That's my new favorite thing to say!! Start looking for fabric.... and let me know what you find that catches your eye.
Post a Comment