Monday, March 30, 2009

Utah recap...

As usual with travel-logues :-) it is more for me than for you! Just so I remember all we did/when. AND my kiddos love seeing pics of themselves on the blog and like to look over and over at what we did... Day 1: Children's Musuem- Discovery at Gateway! SUPER fun! We met Jenny, Sammy, Brady, Heidi and Lola there. They played at the ball exhibit, delivered mail, played in the waterways, built big block towers, jumped on the horse, "planted" some veggies, rode in little cars, acted out Little Red Riding Hood, colored and did stamps, played in the play house, "fixed" dinner, etc! Wow. We were worn right out. We got lunch together at Jason's Deli and it was adventurous with all 6 kiddos but yummy.
Monday night we went to the Bountiful Bubble to celebrate Lola's 1st birthday! A year ago, they completly tore down the old swimming pool/rec building and built a massively huge nice new one! The swimming area had a lazy river, kiddos playground, huge water slide, etc... My kids were in heaven! Afterwards we had Elmo cupcakes (Heidi had made) and ice cream at Mom's!
Tuesday was St. Patty's day and Syd, Mia and COlby were so excited that the leprachauns found us in Utah! A fun scavenger hunt led to a tasty treasure- chocolate coins. So exciting!
Tuesday night we went to a bridal shower for Abby up in Ogden at her Grandma Nan's. It was super fun! We made cupcakes and Heids made oreos and chocolate chip cookies which all got gobbled up. We were so glad that so many of the Hallows fam came out- we had a great time chatting with everyone and missed those that didn't make it.

Unfortanately I didn't get pics of Colby and Grandpa's boys night out. :-( The Sheridans let us borrow a bike for Colby and Grandpa took him to Liberty park and they both rode their bikes around the whole park! Then Grandpa took him to Crown Burger where I guess Colby ate TONS of fries and ketchup. ;-) Then it was back home where they wrestled and played good guy/bad guy. Thanks Dad! Colby will never forget hanging out with you!
One of the girlies most FAVORITE thing to do at Grandma's is wash babies! She's got a gazillion babies and a gazillion outfits and Mia and Syd just wash and dry and dress! We can't go to Grandma's house without washing the babies at least once...
One of Colby's favorite thing to do at Grandma's is play her Ukelele from Hawaii! He LOVES playing and singing... He's belting out something in this pic, I just don't remember what!
The MALL! We were on a hunt for wedding color dresses/skirts/shirts whatever! AND WAHOO! We found mom a fabulous dress and jacket that is perfect and really nice. The Forever 21 was as big as a department store in this mall- 2 levels and so much stuff we didn't get to see it all! But we all found a fun new things and the kiddos had a great time on the carousel...

and playing at the dinosaur kiddy zone!The next day we were off to visit Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Hallows, just a block away.The girlies were so cute the whole way- I took this candid shot! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that they are so close and best of friends.Grandpa used to be a principal and surprised the girls with this classic and treasured books when we arrived! The girls really impressed Grandma and Grandpa with their reading- it was a very memorable moment. Grandpa was so impressed that they both read so great he gave them each another more challenging book!One of the highlights of our trip! We just LOVE visiting with Grandma and Grandpa- they are so fun to be around... Grandpa is so funny... Grandma is so sweet... just two of the most amazing people we know!

The rest of the day consisted of wrestling... watching Lissy arrange floral arrangements for my mom's brothers funeral... Chris and Colby had a jam session, playing our fav board game at Grandmas' "Reach for the Stars" etc!Friday was a busy day- we headed down to Provo for Uncle Steve's funeral. Gerron's sister Mindy lives in Orem and was so nice to take the kiddos for about 4 hours so I could attend the funeral. They had a BLAST with her and I was so sad that I didn't get a pic of them! She took them to BYU to see Auna, they played soccer, had ice cream, made fun lunches, ate popcorn, did puzzles and watched a fun new movie, etc. THANKS MINDY! My kiddos kept talking about what fun they had.

The funeral went really well, though I was more emotional than I thought I would be. His kids all spoke and did a great job. Jenny and I played the musical number, "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" and it went well and was beautiful. So thankful for the gospel plan and families...

After going to the cemetary and taking Chris back to his apartment, I picked up the kiddos at Mindys, chatted and then headed to the mall to play! They love the treehouse/dinosaur. Then we went to dinner at Olive Garden and were served by Chris. Fun- the kids loved it. We got back that night exhausted but Grandma had a fun game of Easter Bingo to play!

Mueller Park! GORGEOUS!

We've been going to Mueller Park since we moved to Bountiful I think when I was just a toddler- it is a really fun canyon with tables and pits for fires...

We scoped out which campsite we wanted for that night- they were super excited there was still snow! Then on the way home we stopped and let the kiddos play at North Canyon Park! They had a ball- it was a little windy but overall great weather.

Just couldn't get enough of playing outside! Love the swings...

I'm going to post a slideshow of the rest- dinner at Muellar Park and Sunday dinner with everyone! What a fun trip- couldn't have been any better! So thankful for everyone that took the time to play with us! Love you all!

3 comments:

Monica said...

What a fun travel log! You make Life so much fun!!! I love all the fun pictures! You are so great at capturing all the moments. Someday I want to be like you!

Tiffany said...

What a fun trip! You are really good at documenting everything!

Heidi Buchi said...

We had a fun time with you guys! We miss you already and can't wait til we get to see ya again for the wedding, yay!