As many of you know Chris and Abby are living here with us for the summer. It's been a blast and has worked out great! They are so much fun to have around, super cute with the kiddos, cook a meal a week, and help out around the house. AND they were willing to watch the kiddos so Ger and I could escape on a weekend getaway this past weekend. Everyone needs a break every once in a while right?!? Ger had been on a business trip to TX for a few days and a Lake Powell trip with the Young Men from our ward for 3 days- all in the week prior so it was nice to get a chance to hang out with him for a few days. ;-)


We tried out the Camelback Inn Marriott Resort and it was AMAZING. Really.
One of our favorite resorts we have ever stayed at. It is in Scottsdale right by the Camelback Mountains so it is just GORGEOUS! In fact Saturday night we went on a hike to the top of Camelback and it was incredible. Meanwhile, the kiddos were having the time of their life with Abby and Chris- they went to the bookstore, played at this European toy store, ate out, got frozen yogurt, swam, watched a movie, wrestled and had a pillow fight, played games, and even recorded themselves singing/jamming on Chris' computer! Ger and I came back refreshed and rejuvenated to take on the world, kiddos, dishes, laundry, work, and whatever else might come our way. Thanks Chris and Abby!
2 comments:
Couple get-a-ways are so important! We call them mini moons. I'm so glad you are taking advantage of your built-in-babysitters! You guys are seriously a model couple!
Wade and I are leaving for Hawaii tomorrow...can't wait! We need to get together when I get back, I miss everyone!
It looks like you had so much fun!!! Good for you 2 for getting away for a few days!
Post a Comment