Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Marcus!

Marcus (my nephew!) had a big birthday bash today and had the "snake guy" come. I really didn't think Rich the Reptile Man would be all that exciting, but boy was I wrong! WOW! It was amazing- super fun and the kids LOVED it. We learned a lot about snakes and lizards and he brought 8 different ones to show us... Half the fun was just seeing how enthralling it was to Syd, Mia and Colby. Colby was touching the clear tupperwares, with the snakes and lizards in them, the second Rich pulled them out of the truck and was so overly anxious to touch all the snakes we had to keep reminding him to sit down. My kids are scared to death of dogs, but apparently the snakes and lizards looked really nice?!? ha ha!AND what shocked me the most is when Sydney and Mia weren't afraid to touch them and in fact put a 20 pound python around their neck! Syd said it felt so soft and smooth and Mia was hesitant and then decided to do it too! Love that grin!Colby was absolutely fascinated.
Just when I thought I knew my kids well, I was dead wrong. I had no idea how amazed they would be.So thanks Marcus for the fun party. Enjoy the slideshow above!

1 comment:

Angie said...

What a cool party. I LOVE the pictures of the snake around your GIRLS. I'm impressed. Okay, so when we were in Price, we had a big garden. One day the kids were helping Jusitn and a little snake slithered by. Tanner was really excited about it and didn't want it to get away, so SAIGE reached down and picked it up!