Sunday, February 15, 2009

Feelin' the Vday love...

WAHOO FOR VALENTINES!!
The girlies were so excited to head to school with their valentines to exchange! They had fun little class parties planned- Mia made valentine ice cream sundaes (she said she ate 2!) and Sydney played lots of fun games at hers...Syd took these cupcakes to school that we made... YUM!These were Syd's Valentines (the perfect way to get rid of all my M&M's in my big jar!)Colby wore his new vday shirt on Tuesday to his class party, so I had found this on sale at the GAP (thank heavens they are making Superman and Spiderman shirts that look so cool instead of ghetto :-)) and so I gave it to him Friday since sissy's got new shirts!Mia came out of class wearing this with all her classmates! The front of it says,
"Some Valentines are Roses
Some Valentines are sweet
Some Valentines are verses
Your Valentines got FEET!"
The back says,
"When I think of how I love you
It gives my heart a tug
If I can be YOUR Valentine
Show me with a HUG!"
I thought that was so cute and clever- she had decorated it and was so pleased!
We really surprised Gerron with a Valentines Fondue Night! I mean, he was seriously surprised so it was fun. Everything was really super yummy. Our first course was veggies, bread, and green apples with cheese fondue (recipes coming soon!). 2nd course was shrimp, lobster tails, filet mignon, and chicken cooked in a broth fondue called Coq Au Vin. YUMMY! Then I had 10 different dipping sauces... The kiddos had their dinner served up in muffin tins! They LOVED it! I had a lot of the same foods as us, but had cooked chicken and hot dog for their meats... They kept saying, "Can we do this again?!?" They love dipping their bread in Olive Oil (like Macaroni Grill) so I had that in one tin... ketcup and ranch were their other dipping choices... and the thing that may look weird is cottage cheese sprinkled with seasoned pepper! They LOVE eating that- especially on Ritz Crackers.
After dinner we gave our tummys a rest! Sydney and Mia and Colby surprised Daddy with a jar full of valentines for him! They took turns reading all the reasons they loved him. Colby had drawn him lots of pictures on the doilies and I wrote down what he said.

After a walk around the block, we were finally ready for dessert! We did caramel fondue and chocolate fondue with a variety of dippers... My fav was green apples dipped in caramel and rolled in chopped walnuts... The kids loved everything really from the bananas and strawberries to marshmellows and pretzels! And again they kept saying, "Can we do this again?!?" It was so fun to just sit and chat for a while! We will for sure do it again!

But boy were we stuffed!

So that was our Friday Vday Celebrations! Saturday was definitely low key compared to Friday's festivities. :-)

1 comment:

Angie said...

What a great dinner. It looked so yummy. My kids would love all the dipping for sure. You are such a "foodie!" I love it. You inspire me to be better about cooking. I so wanted to help you out with a fondue recipe... but I don't have any!! Glad your day was so fun. Your cupcakes are amazing... do you hire out? I wonder how they would ship to Utah? Loved the girls shirts. I made them for my girls too. I am already excited for next Valentines day... I didn't get those books done I told you about, but I WILL finish them. Maybe for birthdays?...