Monday, December 1, 2008

Fab Thanksgiving Adventures Part II

Sedona has got to be one of the most gorgeous places on earth. We LOVED the rain while we were there... and I think this was the most gorgeous rainbow I've ever seen in my life! And the picture doesn't even do it justice but we could distinctly see each of the colors in the rainbow... it was a full one... with the fall leaves and red cliffs in the background it doesn't get any better than that. In Sedona there is a trail called Broken Arrow that has got to be the most gorgeous ride in the whole state of Arizona. Maybe even the country. Seriously. There just a lot of red rocks and cliffs and it is absolutely breathtaking. We got there just before the sun set so the rocks were lit up and glowing- wow. We were literally the only ones there and it was amazing.We hiked around- the kiddos loved playing on the rocks, took some pics, enjoyed the view, and then headed out before it got too dark. Just as we got back to our hotel it literally started pouring buckets! We were so glad that we had made it out just in time to see the rainbow and got back just before the storm started- talk about perfect timing. Broken Arrow was definitely the highlight of the trip for me.
My Mom and Dad! They are so much fun to be around and the best parents and grandparents around. We feel so blessed to have been able to spend this time with them!

Day 3-
Palatki Indian Ruins- Petroglyphs, pictographs, and cliff dwellings!

The kids were sooo excited to go to Palatki- Sydney has been studying Native Americans at school so she couldn't wait to see everything and be able to tell her class that she had been! It was really cool! We were glad that we went! Unfortunately the 1st tour guide took FOREVER explaining every little scratch at the first petroglyph site and Chris and Colby got a little ancy ;-) but once we moved on and got to check out things at a faster pace it was great.
The cliff dwellings were the kiddos favorite part- they loved peeking through the windows and talking about how Indians didn't have toilets or electricity... it made them much more grateful for our house and running water and food etc!

We drove home after that- just in time for a dinner date night at Cheesecake Factory! YUM! Part 4- Lake Saguaro, Thanksgiving Dinner, Mesa Temple Lights... coming soon!

4 comments:

Jake said...

So much fun to see all your pics! I'm totally jealous that you got to do the "too-ta-ta", it's been too long . . . You'll have to tell me how you got dad to do it. James has to see it at least once in his life!
Sedona looks just beautiful. I'm glad that you guys had a good time.
Love-B

Krystal said...

I'm loving that first picture! Wow. It looks like it was a busy, fun hoiday. It must of been so nice to get all the cute winter stuff out, and enjoy the cold. It's nice to do that every now and then. I must say we live the life with our AZ sun. Sedona looks perfect. So much fun! By the way you are just too cute in every picture.

michelle said...

Kim, the rainbow is so beautiful. What a treat to see something so spectacular! I just read about your scary episode!!! I am glad you all made it back safe. We have had some scary ones happen on the quads. Steve always tell me, that it is the price we pay for having fun. I'm not to sure I go for it, but it works! :)

Monica said...

Love the pics! You are an amazing photographer! Seriously those pictures of Sedona are breath taking! I love Sedona--you make me want to go visit soon! Are we getting together for Debbies birthday! I'm going out of town next week --let me know!!