Saturday, December 20, 2008

FAST and yummy Meal

Gotta love sample days at Costco. We tried this ravioli and Colby insisted we buy it- he loved it and so did I. It's called Pasta Prima Spinach and Mozzerella Ravioli and it's in the freezer section by like the frozen chicken. It is about $10 for 16 servings. It is the easiest thing to make- you just need to know how to boil water. ;-) After it boils you just pour off the water, add a little olive oil, stir on a seasoning packet, and serve! When I made it for dinner the other night, it was a hit! The kids ALL had seconds and Ger and I definitely enjoyed it too. The kiddos loved it plain or dipped in marinara sauce and Ger and I loved it with this super easy Alfredo Sauce. It is the creamiest Alfredo sauce I have made and I used reduced fat cream cheese and 1 % milk so I didn't feel as guilty about eating it. (Even though it does have 1/2 cup butter- bah! I tried to offset it with Brussel Sprouts AND butternut squash for our veggies. The kids definitely weren't sprouts fans!) So anyways, it is super easy and super quick... Here's the recipe!

Restaurant Alfredo Sauce
(Adapted from Allrecipes)

1/2 C butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 oz. cream cheese (Can use reduced fat)
3/4 C 1% Milk
1/2 C parmesan cheese

Melt the butter and add garlic- stir for 1-2 minutes. Add cream cheese and half and half in a saucepan and wire whisk until melted and smooth. Add 1/2 C parmesan cheese, or more if you desire. Bring to a low boil over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, until thickened slightly. Serve over ravioli, fettucine, or even as a dip for breadsticks. YUM!

No comments: