Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Books

Like I told my Primary kids today, one of my favorite things about Christmas is pulling out ALL our Christmas books and snuggling up and reading them throughout the whole holiday season- any time of day. I posted about A Christmas Dress for Ellen below, but here are a few more that I just LOVE. (I always stock up on Christmas books at Deseret book or Barnes and Noble when they go half price and even 75% off after Christmas! You never can have enough.)
I read this book to the Primary Children and we intermixed Christmas songs throughout- it is about the birth of Christ and his role on earth. The pictures are BEAUTIFUL, as you can see just from the cover. Amazing really. And it has scriptures throughout to tell the story- if you are going to read the nativity on Christmas Eve or for a FHE this is a great book to use! (You can use songs throughout it too and it keeps the kiddos involved and participating as well.)

We were given "Christmas Day in the Morning" by some friends and it is the cutest story of a little boys sacrifice for his dad on Christmas morning! The kids LOVE it and the pictures are beautiful in this book as well. A great lesson about giving of ourselves at Christmas!

Snowmen and Night and Snowmen at Christmas are two books that are SOO cute and fun to read. The titles say it all- just hypothetical silly books about what Snowmen do at night! Also there are items to find on EVERY single page of the book- a little mouse, santa clause, a dinosaur, etc- so the kids love trying to find the hidden pictures on each page.


If you don't have these, pick them up... snuggle up... and Happy Reading!
And please pass along any of your favorites too!

No comments: