
We have a tradition of getting new PJ's for Christmas like many of you do... We have always given them on Christmas Eve- sometimes they are Christmas PJ's and sometimes they are not. Well this year I REALLY wanted them to be able to wear their Christmas PJ's ALL through the Christmas season! I had read on Becky Higgins blog that they have a tradition of giving their Christmas PJ's on Thanksgiving night! What a great idea! I read this the first week of December ... the night we were making our gingerbread houses... and we decided to just give the kiddos a surprise and let them have them before we decorated our houses. They were SOOO excited and LOVED them. They have gotten a lot of wear out of them already and so next year I will make sure to have them wrapped and ready for Thanksgiving night!

WILTON HAS PREMADE GINGERBREAD HOUSES! Wow- this saved us from a lot of drama and extra work! They came all set up and ready to go. I just picked them up from Walmart for only $7.48 each and they came with TONS of candy and the frosting mix and bag. As you can see, the frosting was actually yummy! The kiddos couldn't stop eating it. Everytime I turned around Colby was sucking more from his frosting bag or licking it off his house. It was SOO much fun and the kids loved it- they love creating and making messes and all that good stuff.

Then a few nights later, our cute friends the Petersens brought a gingerbread man kit they had put together themselves! What a fabulous idea! They had everything packaged nicely in a styrofoam take out container with the different compartments (you can buy them at Costco) and they included homemade men, candy, and frosting in a bag. So we just cut the corner off the frosting bag and went to work. The kids were so excited to have men to stand by their houses!
No comments:
Post a Comment