Saturday, December 13, 2008

Crazy Weekend Wrap-up!

NOTE: This is a little long!
Last weekend the kids were soaking up the last of the "summer" sun! It was December 6th and almost 80 degrees! They laid out while they ate a picnic lunch and then even jumped in the pool- even after I had begged them not to. The water temp was about 65! But they didn't seem to get too chilly... BUT! This weekend was different- it was all about Christmas! (Even though our leaves are changing colors and it finally looks like it's just Fall.)

Friday night we had our ward party and got dressed up all festive... The Primary kids sang 3 songs for the ward and I thought it was the hit of the night! Obviously I'm a little biased but they sang so loud and knew all the words and it was super cute. ;-)Saturday morning we were off to Mia and Sydney's Holiday Gymnastics Show!
They did SOOO good and it was fun to see all they have learned. It is the "real deal" gymnastics place and very disciplined but the girls LOVE it. They did a floor exercise, beam routine, bar routine, springboard, bars, and a little jumping routine thing.Sydney is especially doing well! Here is a pic of her jumping off the springboard into the splits and then below that is a video clip of her floor routine. Very simple but so cute!

YAY Syd and Mia! We are so pleased with them working so hard! After that we went to Walmart and did our Sub for Santa shopping. The girls loved it but Colby kept asking why he wasn't getting anything!?! We got home and got them wrapped while Daddy and Colby ran errands! (The girlies were playing dress up when I asked them to help wrap!)THEN! We were in charge of the sugar cookie frosting booth at the Neighborhood Christmas Party. They have 500-600 people attend every year so this is no small feat! We made about 6 dozen sugar cookies that afternoon and we had 10-12 other people bring dozens of cookies, frosting, and sprinkles, etc. We set up the booth and the YW from our ward helped staff it throughout the night! So here are some pics from the party... it was a LOT of fun. They had mens group preform that was amazing, a bounce house (Colby's favorite!), popcorn, hot cocoa, navajo tacos and hot dogs for dinner, etc!
The kids LOVED going through the gingerbread house door, down the sidewalk in a tunnel of lights, and getting to see Santa!
Quick funny story: Santa asked Colby what he wanted and he said, "A batman watch." Then of course he got a Candy Cane and was sent on his way, but was very dissapointed. He kept saying, This is not what I wanted. This is not what I wanted." We hadn't prepped him enough... Santa asks you what you want but you don't get it right then! He will hopefully bring it to your house on Christmas! Whoopsie. So anyways, then his cousin JJ got to the party and Colby went through to see Santa again with him. When Santa said, "what do you want for Christmas?" Colby said, "A candy can." And that's exactly what he got. No more dissapointment. So there you have it. He had figured out the game. Ha ha! He is so funny. Next year we will prep him better! ;-)

Then! Even though we got back late from the party, the kiddos were still wide eyed so we let them snuggle up in Sydney's bed and watch Max and Ruby's Christmas DVD on the laptop! They were giggling and laughing- it really is a cute movie. I get a lot of my movies at TJ Maxx these days becuase they are like $4 to $6 for the classics- Bernstein Bears, Franklin, Max and Ruby- and for so cheap.
Sunday was a nice and super relaxing day. We fully enjoyed hanging out as a fam and ended it all snuggled up in our bed with The Nativity and Mr. Kruegers Christmas projected up on our bedroom wall. So fun.

2 comments:

doovie79 said...

SUCH cute pics!!! Way to go Syd and Mia! Great gymnastics! We are jealous of the 80's--it is about 20 here right now (no joke at all!). Love you guys! Jenny Bullock

Monica said...

You had a very busy weekend! Darn we missed it all! I love that your girls are doing gymnastics. Girls after my own heart! I was a gymnast my whole life and used to coach! They are so darling you have to be so proud! For family night we made your yummies that you posted a while back! We had so much fun making them! I'll bring some over! I'll call you--I need to know how to get a video on my blog, I've tried all day!