Sunday, November 16, 2008

Listen up Ladies!

Here are a few hair tips I have recently discovered that I wish I knew a long time ago!
Firstly, Baby Powder... Out of all the uses for baby powder, this one has to be the best one I know. Debbie let us in on this little secret at Cooking Club months and months ago and I LOVE it! If you work out and your scalp gets sweaty but your hair is clean- you just washed it the day before- powder the sweaty areas near the scalp with a little baby powder and voila! You are smelling fresh, your hair looks fabulous and you are ready to go! This really might change your life and the health of your hair! ha ha! Seriously though - give it a try. It takes a little practice to get just right and I generally flip my head over and blow dry for a few seconds too... Thanks Debbie!
NOTE FROM EDITOR! Ger read this and was afraid I never showered. :-) You DO shower, just don't wash your hair! Put it in a shower cap or just up in a bun. No hygeine is sacrificed whatsoever here. Tip #2- At the Hyatt at Huntington Beach they had this amazing blowdryer in our bathroom- my hair was dry in half the time and it was sleeker and shinier when I was done, not frizzy and poofy. Maybe I am slow about finding out about these amazing blow dryers, but I was so excited to save myself so much time! Maybe I will get to wash my hair more now that I have my own one of these babies! I bought mine of Amazon for a steal of $34 with free shipping. It's called the Conair 213X Infiniti Professional Tourmaline Ceramic Technology Ionic Styler. Fancy name, great product. ;-) It got 4 1/2 out of 5 stars with 127 ratings so you know it's got to be amazing, right?!? WAHOO! So exciting. Let me know of any time saving beauty tips you guys have!

3 comments:

Monica said...

I've got to get one of those--my blowdryer is so old! You always have amazing ideas that I love! Thanks for sharing!

Sally said...

Kim,
This is Sally from the good old BYU days. I found your blog and am so excited to catch up with you. Your family is gorgeous! Where are you at? How is life? You can catch up with me at justmorrisnaround.blogspot.com

Monica said...

My only fast beauty tips are put your hair in a pony tail! I live in pony tails!