Thank heavens for sample day at Costco! Not only do the kiddos love it but I have found some yummy products by sampling them first! Last week we were doing our shopping and the bagel lady called us over for a sample. I am pretty picky about my bagels so was just grabbing one as I quickly passed but I was pleasantly surprised! It was really good! So I asked more questions... and Ta Da! Maybe I am the last one to know about this but Costco makes Einstein bagels right out of their own bakery! They send you home with a dozen bagels and an official bag to prove it. They are very tasty- yum. So glad that I now know this! Our favorite flavors are cinnamon raisin, honey cracked wheat, and asiago cheese.Other things at Costco that are yummy that you may not know about that we love...
They have super yummy mashed potatoes in the open refrigerator section. I am also picky about my mashed potatoes- always do homemade- but these are really creamy and yummy and my kids LOVE it. Susie told me about these! In fact last night we got home from dance at 5:30 and I stuck some in the microwave (only 4 minutes!), sauted some Costco canned chicken breast in a little butter and then made a gravy out of it with Cream of Chicken soup and milk, threw some frozen corn (also from Costco! Bybee Foods Organic) in the microwave, buttered some rolls, and dinner was ready in 15 minutes! AND it was super yummy.
Also in the same refrigerator section they have a pot roast that is pre-cooked that you just warm up and it is super tender and really tasty. That would also be great served up with the mashed potatoes.
Another Costco item we love is Pirate Booty! Debbie brought us some to try and we're hooked. They are kind of like Cheetos without the orangey cheese- they are all natural and have aged white cheddar on them and they are yummy.
And I can't even think of the name right now, but there are these other chips in a black bag that are so yummy too- organic with all sorts of grains and sesame seeds and stuff- and can be used as chips or crackers. We love dipping them in Salsa... Lena let us try some and we now love getting those! (The reason why I don't have any in my pantry right now- to get the name- is because I eat the whole bag at a time so I have banned them until I can have better self control. ha ha!)
The Fetticine Alfredo, shrimp and cocktail sauce, and chicken parmesan are all yummy from the deli area... I've heard the pot pie is, but we have never tried it!
The Marie Callendars Corn Bread mix is the BEST. So yummy. Everyone already knows how yummy the dried mangos are.. those are also banned here for a while. And the Pacific Gold Beef Jerkey...
What are your favs that we may not know about?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment