We tried out the tie-dyed eggs from a few posts down... WOW!!! So much fun. The kids loved all the steps and being creative with the colors and I loved how easy it was and how mess-free it really turned out to be.

We used the Neon Food Coloring and also just the Regular Food Coloring by McCormick. From pouring the vinegar and swishing the eggs around, they did it all! I just watched and took pics. It's so good for them to do things ALL by themselves- they were even more proud of the finished product.
Colby carefully placing all 6 eggs into his colander...

Syd pouring on the vinegar...
Mia adding more color!
Splash with water at the end and... Ta-da!
They each carefully put theirs to dry in the egg carton.
They all chose different colors and they turned out so bright and fun. They loved how each egg was different and decided to name each of their eggs. It was hilarious. I don't know if they will remember all the names tomorrow but they claim they will! As for clean up? Just spraying out the colanders and the sink. I think this may be our new egg dying tradition!


2 comments:
Looks cute and fun! We'll have to get going on ours!
Love Jenny
Thanks for posting this idea, Kim. We did this at my mom's and it was so easy and super easy to clean! (And so much faster than the normal way!)
Post a Comment