Still need an idea for St. Patty's day!?! I loved this one I found on http://jessekatedesigns.blogspot.com/2009/03/st-patricks-day-fun-day-6-treasure-hunt.html
A treasure hunt sends them around the house finding clues and gold dollars...
And then at the end, they find more coins and this challenge... Put the coins towards something for somebody that needs them. Flowers for someone elderly, cookie ingredients to make cookies for your neighbors, a surprise for a friend having a hard time, lotion for a few mom (or something to pamper herself!)... Lots of options. And a great chance for them to think outside of themselves and serve others... and you didn't have to waste money on silly green prizes that they are only entertained with for a few minutes. I love this idea!

Here are the rest of the clues- you can also click on the link of the website to get them as well and get more info! Happy St. Patty's Day!

1 comment:
I did this treasure hunt this morning and my kids LOVED it!! Okay, so I had treasures at the end because I had already bought them, but maybe next year we will do the service idea. Thanks for the great idea!! Sammy is already begging to hunt for more papers!
Love Jenny
Post a Comment