The weather is gorgeous here- mid-seventies- so we are already looking forward to summer... swimming... homemade gelato... lots and lots of popsicles, otter pops, and ice cream cones... and smoothies! One of our favorites is Bacardi Smoothies so I thought I'd share with you our "secret" recipe.

Ger and I perfected these when we were first married. Pick up a Bacardi Mixer out of the frozen section of the grocery store- by the frozen juices. Don't worry- they are non-alcoholic. :-) Strawberry Daiquiri and Fuzzy Navel are our two favs... But the pina colada is fabulous too...

Then we mix up pretty much according to the directions but with our own twist:
1 can Fresca
1 handful ice
Then whatever frozen or fresh fruit we have on hand!
Just add fruit to taste/desired consistency. (How much ice you add will also depend on how much frozen fruit you add...) We love adding everything from berries and mangos to peaches and pineapples. The kids love helping make these and each adding their own choice of fruit. Gerron even loves to squeeze a lime in for a little kick.
So instead of chowing down on candy and soda pop during movie night at our house we LOVE doing Bacardi smoothies and popcorn! yum! Since my kids hate the greasy popcorn we use the 94% fat free Jolly Time Kettle Corn... so overall it is a healthy movie treat. YUM!
1 comment:
Looks fab! But a bit chilly here yet...Wish I could come down for a smoothie in the sun!
Love Jenny
Post a Comment