Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thank Heavens for Good Friends...

...and chocolate! ;-) After a crazy week last week, this absolutely made Ger and I's night on Monday. My good friend Debbie dropped by some of her amazing Chocolate Bundt Cakes and they are definitely one of our favorite desserts- so divine! They were fresh and warm with that ooey gooey frosting that I could eat just by itself by the spoonful. Wow. Inside are soft and delectable chocolate chips. Yes, I love chocolate- ha! Want the recipe??? I think I have shared it before. It would make a great Valentine's Day Treat- make in a heart shape pan or sprinkle with colorful valentines sprinkles... or drizzle with red or pink frosting!
Debbie's Bundt Cake
1 chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup water
1 small package instant chocolate pudding
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 cup chocolate chips
Mix everything well except for the chocolate chips. Stir them in at the end. Bake at 350. 50 minutes for large bundt cake and 20 minutes for mini bundt cakes.

FROSTING
1 cup sugar
5 TBS butter
1/3 cup milk
6 oz. chocolate chips
Mix all except chocolate chips together in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, cook 1 min. Remove from heat, add chocolate chips. Pour over bundt cake(s). Enjoy!

2 comments:

doovie79 said...

I remember how yummy these were last May...Glad you have such good friends down there!!
Love Jenny

Kel said...

I made these last night, and they are delightful!