Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thank heavens for...

an amazing hubby... amazing and happy kids that get along so well... great friends that would do anything for anyone... family who is always there for us... and online shopping!
This last week has been a little crazy for us. My fFN test came back positive (google it for info!) so I went through a round of steroid shots to develop the babies lungs just in case she does decide to come any day. My cervix is totally shortened- should be 3-5 cm and is .8- and effacing and who knows what I am even dialated to. They don't even want to check in case they stir things up. But we still feel totally at peace and are praying our guts out that Allie sticks around where she is! Today she weighed in at 3 pounds 14 ounces and a week and 2 days ahead of schedule. HURRAY! So I am supposed to stay down as much as possible... I'm just doing my best and we are taking it one day at a time.

Ger has completely taken over dishes, cleaning, laundry, etc and has been amazing. Never complains... but is a good listener to all my complaining! The kiddos are gems. Seriously they play so well together and are so great to each other (95% of the time) so that is a HUGE blessing in our life right now. Friends and family have been equally concerned and done so much. THANK YOU THANK YOU! And I seriously had no socks, onsies, diapers, baby basics... just a few sleepers etc. So I LOVE THE INTERNET! ha. So I am feeling more ready with shipments of the necesities on the way.

So there's the update for now... thanks for all your prayers and concern!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Kim-
What a cute family you have. We're praying that your baby stays put for a little while longer.
I'm guessing you won't be in Utah this weekend? We're heading up to Zach's homecoming on Sunday. Wish we could see you guys but understand the situation!! Good luck with everything!

Angie said...

I am so glad you are in such good hands with Ger! One day at a time. You can do this! You are darling and such a good Mommy. You'll be in my prayers.
So good to talk to you this week.
XOXOXO
Ang

doovie79 said...

WE MISS YOU!!!!! We are glad everything has been going okay, though, and we are just praying our hearts out for you! Wish we could come over and help out, but we will keep praying...What else do you need for Allie? Email me!
Love Jenny