Ta-da! Here are the rest of the pics of the girlies new beach -theme room. It's a work in progress with a few more things to add here and there and some more pics to hang (we just were worn out and had enough so saved some for another day!)... They love their own "private" entrance complete with a bamboo tree. It's in a bucket from Hobby Lobby but maybe it needs a bigger bucket? The rug was only $4.99 at Ross!
I couldn't find a beach sign anywhere that were the colors I was looking for- so I found this brown metal sign at Ross for $4.99, painted it white, and my super nice friend Mary cut out BEACH -> with her Cricut.
Pottery Barn Teen Curtains... Vinyl Palm Tree from Etsy... Metal flowers from Hobby Lobby... Roxy bedding from Roxy.com... Super soft fleece blankets from Target...
I loved making the canvas pics- just used photo safe spray adhesive and then sanded the edges once dry.
The canvas pics were easy to do- just printed pics off the internet, cut them out, adhered them to the canvas with a glue stick, painted roughly over the canvas and cut out shape, then peeled off the shape.
Everything in the room was on sale or bought with a coupon... or bought from Ross or a discount store. We had the shelves from the Pottery Barn Outlet already so that was nice. Sea shells were all 70% off at Pier One Imports!
My friend Monica decorated her daughters room with a fun bright beach theme so I stole the idea of the stacked crates from her.
Just bought plain wood ones from Hobby Lobby and painted them "beach style" which was super fast and hot glued on the star fish.
Can you guess who's bed is who's?!? Sydney LOVES green... Mia loves pink!
A few more details! I loved finding pics from the beach/water- our family has made so many great memories that way so it was fun to remind them of all the fun times our fam has had on the lake and at the ocean with these fun pics. Then the colorful bins are in the closet... and the black and white photo collage is actually a giant 3' x 4' magnet board! We still need to make cute magnets for it. And what beach theme room would be complete without a message in a bottle?!?

On to the bathroom! A beautiful dark lime green! Towels/rug/soap container from the Roxy line at Bed Bath and Beyond... Pink towels from Ross.

The blue fish on the mirror were actually supposed to go on the bottom of the shower to make it anti-slip but since it already was anti-slip (how was I supposed to know?!?) Ger put them on the mirror and I thought they were so cute there!
More pics in the bathroom too...

Well anyways! They LOVE it and have done great so far at keeping it clean- ha! I've had fun being a little domestic with making a lot of the things that went into it and Ger was amazingly patient to help hang and decide where to hang everything. Whew. Lots of work! Pics of Colby's room coming up next!

3 comments:
Love the girls room. LOVE it. I still wish you would move to Utah and be my neighbor. Think about it... we'll pay your cable bill every month as a sign on bonus! I loved seeing pics of your tummy. Still pretty little though. I can't remember your due date? Glad you had so much fun with your sis for the week. Love ya.
So cute! Love the green in the bathroom. I agree with Angie--we wish you lived here!! If she paid your cable, we would add the incentive of weekly homemade bread deliveries...Miss ya!
Love Jenny
Very very cute!! I am sure the girls are in heaven. I am impressed with all of the creativity and color. Also, way to go finding all the fun deals. I love a good bargain!!
Post a Comment