Today at lunch Colby rested his chin in his hands with a grin and said, "Mom, why do you not want me to grow up!?!" Priceless! I have really only said to him a few times that I want him to stay just like this forever... and he had thought about it I guess and really wanted to know why! I told him because he was so fun to wrestle and snuggle and hug and play with and I just didn't want him to get any bigger... because then he would be too grown up to play with me. He said, "Well ok Mom but I just am going to get as big as Dover and that's all ok!" Dover is his 16 year old cousin. So finally I agreed after a little more discussion... and we even shook on it. ;-)
He is such a happy and fun kid- he never wants to do anything wrong or dissapoint Ger or I... and loves keeping his room clean! But he is always teasing us and making us laugh- I am so glad that he has one more year of preschool since we have so much fun hanging out together! This morning I think we played Zingo seriously 20 times... he kept putting the pieces in upside down to trick me and was rolling with laughter. So funny. Then we bowled a few times with his set from Pottery Barn Kids. It's kind of nice being so restricted because I get lots of time to just play games with Colby instead of running around doing errands or cleaning or the "me" things. (These pics were taken after church a few Sunday's ago. He stripped down to his undies and lay on his bed with his arms behind his head telling me all about what he learned! I had to take a pic.)
CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
1 c mashed bananas
1 c sour cream
1/4 c margarine
1 1/3 c white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c all-purpose flour (I do 1 c wheat & 1 c white)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 c nuts
1-2 c chocolate chips (I always add a full bag! Can also be made without chocolate chips)
Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 4 mini loaf pans or 2 regular loaf pans. Combine banana and sour cream, set aside. In large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time then stir in the vanilla and banana mixture. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; stir into the banana mixture. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pans.
Bake in preheated oven for:
1 c mashed bananas
1 c sour cream
1/4 c margarine
1 1/3 c white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c all-purpose flour (I do 1 c wheat & 1 c white)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 c nuts
1-2 c chocolate chips (I always add a full bag! Can also be made without chocolate chips)
Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 4 mini loaf pans or 2 regular loaf pans. Combine banana and sour cream, set aside. In large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time then stir in the vanilla and banana mixture. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; stir into the banana mixture. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pans.
Bake in preheated oven for:
20-25 minutes for muffins
35-40 minutes for mini loaf pans
45-50 minutes for 2 regular loaf pans.
3 comments:
oh how i love colby. i love when he sees me he says joslyn!!! haha, so cute. love you guys!
Okay, so Colby could model for Kid's Gap or something--he is seriously a gorgeous little guy!! Great reminder on this post for me of slowing down to enjoy the kids...Glad you are staying sane!
Love you--Jenny
I made the muffins for Calum and he loved them! He was extra excited to know they were Colby's favorite. Maybe I'll try that line on a few other foods too!
Post a Comment