Tuesday, December 15, 2009

FABULOUS Peanut Butter Balls

Ok, this recipe is SOOO much easier and better than the one I posted a while ago. It is super easy to form the balls AND has rice krispies in it so we loved the added crunch... They didn't seem as dense and rich with the rice krispies- yum! (I was in a hurry so my balls are not quite perfectly shaped- ha ha!)
I even used mini cookie cutters to make hearts! Stars would be too hard to get in and out cleanly I think, but these heart ones turned out so cute I thought and are always in season... :-) These mini cutters are seriously tiny- remember you are going to want to keep these very small. I used less than a TBS to form the balls. No one wants to eat a monstrously huge PB ball... or maybe they do?!? I think the smaller the better though!
After you form the balls, or whatever shape you choose, they need to firm in the fridge and then you dip them in chocolate. Drizzling them is super easy using chocolate melts in a sandwich baggie, with the corner clipped.

The hard part for me was the dipping. I need to take more chocolate dipping lessons from my mom... or just practice more I guess! Give them a try though- they will be a sure hit at any holiday party! Peanut Butter Balls III
From Allrecipes- nearly 5 stars out of 200 reviews...
Ingredients:
2 cups creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
4 cups confectioners' sugar 3 cups crisp rice cereal
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (or I prefer milk chocolate)

Directions:
1. Melt peanut butter and butter in saucepan, over low heat. In large bowl, mix crispy rice cereal and confectioners' sugar well. Pour melted peanut butter and butter over cereal and sugar and blend together thoroughly.
2. Form into 1 inch or smaller balls, spread on cookie sheets, chill till firm in refrigerator (over night is okay).
3. Melt chocolate in double boiler and keep melted while working with balls. A teaspoon is best to use in dipping the balls in chocolate. Dip good and place on cookie sheet. As you dip them place them back on cookie sheet and keep chilled till firm.

5 comments:

Heidi Buchi said...

I love all your ideas, they always look so delicious!!! I wish we were right next door so I could come over and snag one of those balls!

Jake said...

You've become quite the confectioner! I'm so impressed! B

doovie79 said...

I made these for a party once, and they are kind of rich, but a fun treat! David is a big PB fan and loved them. Keep the fun holiday ideas coming!!
Love Jenny

Monica said...

Beautiful~ you make me want to be brave and try them! Thanks for the post. We'll have to make them! Thanks for the yummy cookie mix. LOVED your Christmas card!!!

stacey said...

you are the treat QUEEN! when do you find time for all of this?? you are amazing. how are you feeling? merry christmas!