Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Sugar Cookies

I swear I go through sugar cookie recipes faster than any other recipe. I am constantly trying to find a better one... and this recipe is my latest fav! So I thought I would share it... very moist and a little chewy and SUPER easy. Gerron and I are in charge of the Cookie Frosting Booth every year at our Neighborhood Christmas Party, which brings in 300-400 people! I made 6-7 dozen of these cookies last Friday and they were SOOO yummy. I think I had about 4 for lunch. ;-)Give them a try today- your kids will thank you! Sugar Cookie Cutouts
2/3 cup butter softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1 TBS milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour

In a large mixing bowl beat butter with a mixer on medium high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg, milk, vanilla, until combined. Beat in flour. Divide dough in half. If ncessary, cover and chill dough 30 minutes or until easy to handle.

On a lightly floured surface roll half the dough at a time until 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Cut dough into desired shapes. Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake on 375 for 7-8 minutes, or until edges are firm and bottoms are VERY lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack to let cool. Frost if desired.
This recipe makes only about 1 dozen so I usually triple it. They were a huge hit at playgroup. I let the kiddos go wild with the sprinkles and frosting and they LOVED using lots of colors as you can see. Wow. I think they used every last sprinkle- ha ha!

4 comments:

michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sarah ann said...

Kim,

You always have neat ideas for yummy treats! I had so much fun babysitting Sydney, Mia, and Colby on Saturday night. They make me so happy, with there sweet spirits.

It looks like you had a blast in Sedona. The kiddos were so excited to tell me about the Polar Express and the pj's they got for it. I love your family!

Xo
Sarah

doovie79 said...

YUM! If these are as good as they look, they are sure to be a hit around here...

Maren and Dustin said...

Those look so cute all swirled! I love Amy Simpson's sugar cookie recipe in the Cooking Club Cookbook. But they're not so much chewy, as they are crisp outside and tender inside.