Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Activites for Kiddos...

A few ideas for kiddos that we have done or I have seen that look fun!!We do these candy canes every year it seems like- super easy and works for toddlers to school age kiddos. Hobby Lobby has kits that are 50% off!These cards look cute and easy! This is on our To Do List!I loved this idea of getting big bags of cotton balls (cheap!) and pretending they are snow and making "snow" pictures! You could make them in the shapes of snowman, snow angels, just animals or whatever... Make a round stamp out of a potato, felt chair bottom, or whatever other round item and let the kids stamp out lots of snowmen with white paint! They would LOVE creating a whole snowman village and all you need is one round stamp.We've bought our houses and the kiddos are BEGGING to make them! A Christmas Craft Tradition around our house...Gingerbread cookies! We love "Gingerbread Baby" and "Gingerbread Man" books... and the kiddos always love making gingerbread men for their house. They are easy to make though a little messy. ;-) The kids created for literally HOURS when we made these! One of our favorite neighbor gifts is a gingerbread man kit- the cookies are baked and come with a baggie of frosting and lots of fun candy to decorate them! I will post pics soon since we made them the other night!

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

doovie79 said...

Cute ideas! We'll have to do some. Love you guys!
Jenny

Monica said...

I need your gingerbread man cookie recipe. I always love your ideas! You are the funnest mom ever!!!