
Yum! This is a fast, easy recipe that is family friendly and so amazingly tender and tasty. It's from my sister Becky... and I can't believe I haven't made it before- it's going to become a regular on our menu! This is the first time I have brined anything and wow- the chicken was so flavorful and juicy. Note: The kids loved the chicken but didn't love the sauce... they preferred the chicken with their fav sauce... Ranch!
Grilled Chicken with Moroccan Dipping Sauce
1/4 c salt
1/2 c sugar
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 TBS oil
Ground black pepper
2 T lemon or lime juice
1 minced garlic clove
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp paprika
pinch cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c oil
2 T minced fresh cilantro leaves
Dissolve sugar and salt in 1 quart (4 cups) of cold water in a gallon Ziploc bag. Add chicken, press out as much air as possible from the bag and seal. Refrigerate about 20 minutes. (I didn't refrigerate it because I like my meat to come to room temp before cooking, so it cooks evenly.) Meanwhile, prepare sauce. Whisk lemon juice, garlic, cumin, paprika, cayenne, and salt together in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil. Whisk vigorously to ensure mixture is emfulsified. Stir in cilantro. Preheat grill. Removed chicken from brine and rinse well under cold running water. Toss or brush chicken with oil, sprinkle with pepper. Cook smooth side down until dark grill marks appear, about 5 minutes. Turn and continue grilling, covered, about 3 minutes. Temp should be 160. Serve chicken with sauce on the side or sauce drizzled over the grilled, sliced chicken. Serves 4. Source: Cook's Illustrated Grilling Cookbook.
4 comments:
So glad you liked it so much! Yay!
Fancy! My kids need to get more adventurous...Luv ya!
Jenny
Oooo we will totally be trying a chicken brine soon! Thanks for sharing! So Ry was looking at the family calendar this morning and saw allie's birthday yesterday - I can't believe it has been a year!!
Just found what I will cook up for Dad's B day this week. This!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing.The pictures of Allie are so cute. Could you send me some birthday pics in full resolution? How about one or two of your recent vacation in Flagstaff and Sedona? Would love adding them to my file. Love, Mom/Grandma Dover
Post a Comment