Many of you know about Mia's accident and ICU stay. I debated whether I should show these pics of Mia... and decided not to show the worst ones right after the accident but had to show you how amazingly fast she has healed because it is truly an answer to prayer. (For those that don't know the story... it's posted at the bottom!)
She LOVED getting everyone's emails! She was so tired with a massive headache and threw up the first 48 hours, but was so brave and strong. Her poor lip was killing her too- it was swollen up huge and had a cut on the inside. :-(
2 days after the accident, on Sunday, we took the kids in to visit. Her poor little face was so swollen and she had a black eye. :-( But she was happy and feeling better and ready to go home! Prayers were answered and she was able to come home Sunday afternoon straight from the ICU. Rarely happens that kiddos leave straight from the ICU the Dr's told us. Originally we were told she would be there until Monday at least... so we were so grateful to get her home Sunday!

A week and a half later! Wow! All the swelling and road rash gone... just some new skin to take care of with lots of bacitracen, mederma, and sunscreen. She was begging to go to gymnastics this week but has to wait at least another month... She is trying to be patient with walking and not running around with the kiddos, but is also begging to jump on the tramp and dance like her crazy usual self! Her headaches are improving and she is overall just happy and healthy and back to herself. What a blessing. We sincerely felt the strength from each of your prayers and know they were answered. Gerron said something to the effect of, "For as much as I wish that never had happened to Mia we had so many spiritual experiences that have strengthened our testimonies that are irreplaceable." She was born at 31 weeks many of you know and was our Miracle Mia then... and is once again our Miracle Mia. ;-) We sincerely thank each of you for your prayers, phone calls, emails, fasting, texts, hospital visits, etc. We couldn't have made it through this scary/crazy time without all of you!
The story: Mia is fiesty and adventurous and super fun. On Friday the 29th she decided it would be super exciting to stand on the side of our car on the way home from a friends house. I insisted she get in the car a few times but she wouldn't budge. She was grinning from ear to ear and promised to hold on tight to two handles. I was traveling very slowly down a straight road and Mia fell off the car somehow. She was unconscious, then had a seizure, and I called 911 immediately. The ambulance took us to Maricopa Medical Center and she had a huge contusion on her forehead, concussion, cut in across the inside of her mouth with a huge swollen upper lip, lost a baby tooth, and got a few scratches and bruises. They did xrays and catscans and luckily there is no bleeding on her brain, but a small bruise. She was very brave throughout the entire hospital stay, though had moments of feeling so sad and being in so much pain. They at first told us she couldn't do anything for 3 months because of possibility of another seizure or head injury, but now said to give it 4 weeks and then we see the neurosurgeon and will decide what activity she can have then!
8 comments:
WOW!! Picture proof of miracles!! What a great picture. Tell Mia the Lord must have some pretty important work for her to do! She is so beautiful and such a miracle!
Love Jenny
Kimmy-
I am dying that there are worse pictures than those!! She is such a doll and a little trooper. I can't imagine your stress level. Thank goodness for the gospel. Love you. Tell Mia hi from us!
xoxoxox
I can't believe how much she has improved in just a week. What a huge blessing. She really is a miracle, and I am so thankful that your family has been so blessed through all of the crazy hospital experiences you have had. We love you guys.
Glad for miracles! I think it's time for your family to have some peace and calmness and no new excitements. You've had a busy year!
What a story!! I'm so glad she is well and had angels watching over her!!
I am so sorry. Cody came right home and told me the story. I couldn't believe it. I feel so bad. It looks so painful. I am so glad she is ok and all your prays were answered. What a strong little girl.
Oh, she looks SO much better I can't believe it. We hope you get a little break for a while, I think you've had your share of rough times the last little while!
That is such a miracle Kim. I am so glad she has recovered so quickly. Your family is being blessed and watched over. You were such a brave mom. I could feel what you were going through because I have been there. Sure love your family.
Post a Comment