Growing up my in the summers my mom took us to Pottery Class... I have fond memories of shaping bowls, getting really messy, learning the wheel, painting lots of random pieces, and getting clay thrown at us by the boys in the class... and throwing it back! Sooo... when Gilbert Recreation teamed with a local pottery studio for a class for kids I was super excited to get the kiddos in it. So excited I lied about Colby's age... by just a few months- ha!
They absolutely loved it! The shaping and texturing and stamping were so fun for them to learn...
Even Mia loved being creative with her pieces and was a great listener.
The last project they made was these flip flops with their names on them... we have just the perfect spot in their beach room to hang them once they are painted!
The teacher couldn't believe what a great worker Colby was and how much time and effort he spent on his projects. She said his attention span was greater than a boy twice his age! After the hour and a half class though he was definitely ready to wash his hands- he's my clean freak.
They learned how to faux paint! These bowls turned out awesome! They LOVE eating cereal, ice cream, and popcorn out of them and are so proud that they made them all by themselves. From start to finish. No help from mom!
2 comments:
Impressive work!! Wish Sammy and Brady could come take pottery with you! I will have to look for something like that around here next summer! We're dying to see you guys!!!
Love Jenny
So cute. I wish I had thought to take pictures at James' pottery class in the spring! This looked a lot like his. So much fun. B
Post a Comment