Who knew that there was such a thing as Sun Paper, or Solar Art Paper!?! I didn't until I came across this great project for kids on http://www.skiptomylou.org/2010/06/30/sun-prints-from-the-long-thread/ Just after a few minutes in the sun, the paper darkens around the object you have placed on the paper leaving beautiful designs like below... I've got the paper and it will be our next Arts & Crafts Activity!

The paper is fairly inexpensive and can be found at Art/Craft Stores or online... I bought mine through Amazon.

Have your kiddos collect nature objects (or toys or whatever they want their images to be of!) and place them on the paper, on a board so they do not move when transferring them outside... Plexi-glass often comes with the paper so you can place it on top to ensure your objects do not move. Once outside, it just takes a few minutes!

Quickly take inside and wash the paper in water to stop the exposure process...

No comments:
Post a Comment