With the kiddos home for the summer, our house can go from clean to looking like a bomb exploded in just a short few hours... Doing crafts, making lunches, playing school, running errands, etc means a constant mess. My friend Ashlee told me about this great idea that they do for a quick clean up that we have LOVED. Ok that I have loved- ha!

So 30 minutes before your hubby usually gets home let your kiddos choose whatever fun music they want to work to. (We have to take turns around here!) Then set a timer... You can do whatever works best for your kiddos depending on their age, the mess, etc. We do usually 10 or 15 minutes.
Once the timer stops... hopefully everything looks like this- TA DA!
Nice and clean!
Then you can have them set the table, help with dinner, read a book, or play outside... while you finish dinner. It has worked so well for us I just have to share! It's almost a fun game for the kids of "How much can we really accomplish!?!" And they are usually pretty proud of how clean they make the house look... and how excited Dad is to come home to a clean house. Take before and after pics if you want to make them even more excited about the outcome.
2 comments:
I think I need YOUR kids to come to my house!!! Looks great!
Love Jenny
What a great idea and a way to teach kids responsibility while having fun.
Post a Comment